General Requirements and Conditions of Employment for All Employees:
- Successfully pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug screen and background check
- Exhibit regular and consistent attendance in a timely manner at the place of work
(Note: Specific statements shown in this Role Description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria considered necessary to successfully perform the job.)
Position is to professionally scope and design or supervise the design of building projects, and to provide professional construction management of building projects as required by the Owner. Is further responsible for the management and financial success of the department. Aspects of department management include employee supervision, work load scheduling, invoicing, coordination of consultant work, construction management oversight, progress reporting, and customer service. The department provides services to the Commercial Office, Residential, Retail, and Parking areas. In addition, the Position provides professional consulting services to the Owner. Finally, the Position is responsible for preparing cost estimates and budgets as occasion requires.
- Participate in new property development projects
- Participate in RFP’s for architects and construction contractors and oversee the contracted architectural firms
- Review the design solutions for building projects and architectural contracts
- Meet with city as liaison on permitting process, and ensure that all code requirements comply with laws or rules of the state including regulatory agencies
- Review architectural, construction drawings and Review reasonability of ASR
- for as requested by Development Directors
- Participate in weekly Finance Controls meetings for development projects
- Oversee project management services for Utah’s Office, Residential, Retail, and Parking areas including working with a large variety of Tenants, Property Management and Director of Leasing, as well as other corporate and site staff on construction, structural and renovation projects
- Ensure that all Utah properties Repairs, Renovations, & Paint practices are in accordance with EPA regulatory requirement (state/federal) rule and laws for Lead Based Paint.
- Ensure all applicable permits and documentations are prepared properly and filed accordingly.
- Address corrective notices issued by the inspecting authority, ensure corrective action, compliance and meet time guidelines set forth by the issuing authority.
- Utilize Protofit or similar software such as Fastoffice to create 3D visualization of vacant space layouts and test fits for brokers and tenants, eliminating basic space planning fees.
- Prepare architectural drawings as needed for UPMA projects
- Oversee engineering team to maintain building systems for peak operating efficiency
- Responsible for evaluation and assessment of budgets as requested.
- Demonstrated ability in managing, contracting, analysis and preparation of the construction/contracting.
- Responsible for the oversight of bids for capital projects as requested and present upcoming proposed projects for both existing and new clients.
- Bachelor’s degree in Architectural or Construction Management
- 15 + years’ experience in commercial real estate, ideally with a property management company.
- Architectural license preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of renovation, tenant improvement and property operations.
- Knowledge of architectural systems and components, and building and life safety codes.
- Must understand the concept of value engineering.
- Must be self-directed and able to communicate effectively with others.
- Ability to handle multiple projects at the same time.
- Must have the ability to effectively utilize computer design tools., estimating and project management software.
- Must be adept at Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook.
**We are a tobacco free workplace**
Utah Property Management Associates, Llc is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, sex, or age and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.