Under the direction of the Project Manager, this position is responsible for coordinating all aspects of assigned construction projects, which may include new construction, tenant improvements and capital improvements on investment properties. This position provides services to Commercial Office, Residential, Retail, and Parking areas. This position also includes any other project related assignments as directed by the Project Manager.
- Project Development
- Confirm square footages and provide base sheets for test fit studies for leasing broker as needed
- Provide cost estimates for project feasibility analysis
- Conduct plan reviews
- Review construction sections of RFPs and draft leases
- Participate in selection of designers, consultants and contractors, including administration of bidding process as required by policy
- Obtain construction documents
- Initiate permit process with jurisdiction
- Obtain property management and tenant approvals
- Project Construction:
- Prepare and issue construction contracts and notices to proceed
- Manage project construction
- Make payments and manage budget
- Provide project reporting in weekly management meeting
- Resolve issues and manage change orders
- Project Close-out:
- Achieve physical completion
- Obtain all close-out documents
- Coordinate with property management for commissioning procedures and final inspections and obtain certificate of occupancy
- Make final payment
- Close the capital project
- Maintain excellent tenant relations
- Comply with Company policies and procedures, and assure that record keeping is up to date
- Monitor the quality, cost, and timeliness of on-going construction projects
- Report on projects assigned
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Business or Construction Management, or equivalent experience
- 2-4 years’ experience in project coordination preferred, ideally in commercial real estate or with a property management company
- CAD experience helpful
- Must be proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite software
- Good interpersonal skills; must be able to interact and communicate effectively and professionally with individuals at all levels.
- Must be a team player and recognize role as service provider for property management
- Must be able to handle multiple projects and have excellent organizational skills.
- Must be able to walk job sites in various types of weather.
- Standard workdays are Monday through Friday; available to work any of the seven days of the week.
**We are a tobacco free workplace**
Utah Property Management Associates, Llc is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, sex, or age and will not be discriminated against based on disability.