This position provides a leading role and covers all areas of the commercial and residential buildings that have chillers/boiler plants. It includes knowing and working with HVAC, electrical, plumbing, lighting, telecom/data, cable/satellite tv, doors, windows, elevators, landscaping, garage door operations, boilers and fire suppression system, ingress/egress. The individual performs preventive maintenance tasks as assigned through the maintenance system, building management, and the Chief Building Engineer. They work with contractors and tradesmen to complete work on the property. They are be able to operate building automation systems. Their work includes interacting with the buildings occupants to resolve their concerns as directed by building management.
- Provide care and maintenance of buildings in our portfolio as assigned.
- Perform preventive maintenance in building common areas.
- Perform periodic maintenance in tenant occupied spaces.
- Resolve problems in the building reported by occupants and others.
- Coordinate work by outside vendors
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 0-2 years’ related work experience
- Experience with mechanical and operating equipment, such as: chillers, boilers, coolers, and building automation preferred
- Experience with building controls preferred
- Willingness and demonstrated ability to learn new building systems and processes
- Ability to follow instructions (written and verbal)
- Able to work as a team and as an individual
- Demonstrated ability to complete simple and complex assigned tasks
- Adept at problem solving – brings solutions, not just problems
- Ability to respond to after-hours emergencies as needed
- Proficiency with computer programs (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.) required
- Ability to lift 50 lbs
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to safely climb a ladder
- Ability to work in all types of weather