- Leasing – Take calls from potential residents and walk-ins looking for an apartment. Actively sell the apartment home’s value and the community’s amenities. Maintain potential resident list and fill vacancies in a non-discriminatory manner.
- Leasing Administration – Assist in screening applicants. Prepare leases, late notices, and other correspondence as needed. Maintain records of rental occupancy and pricing of comparable communities in the surrounding area.
- Tenant Relations & Retention – Answer phones pleasantly. Maintain courteous communications with residents, applicants, and representatives of other companies. Maintain excellent customer service standards. Respond to resident requests and work with residents to minimize and resolve resident concerns and complaints.
- General Administrative – Prepare and maintain complete prospective, and existing, resident files. Maintain office files. Assist in marketing of communities. Assist in accounting functions and report preparation as necessary. Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Professional image and demeanor
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to close a sale
- Administrative experience (filing, organization skills, letter writing)
- Ability to work with, and understand, all ethnic and family backgrounds
- Intermediate level expertise with Excel and Word
- Ability to work any day of the week and be on-call as necessary
- Proper phone etiquette
- Ability to type 55+ wpm preferred
- Ability to sit at a work station for long periods of time
- Ability to use a computer for long periods of time
- Ability to show apartment units to individuals
General requirements for the Company workforce:
- Successful passing a drug screen and a background screen
- Regular attendance and timely arrival at the assigned location
- We are a tobacco free workplace
Note: The specific statements shown in each section of this Role Description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria considered necessary to successfully perform the job.