The Residential Leasing Consultant works with the Assistant Manager and Property Manager in general administrative of the properties, marketing vacant and on-notice apartments, performs all related leasing and administrative functions, and resident relation activities.
The Residential Leasing Consultant position requires the ability to communicate effectively with people and to present a positive, professional image. In addition, the major job responsibilities are:
- Leasing – Take calls from potential residents and walk-ins looking for an apartment. Actively sell the apartment home’s value and the community’s amenities. Maintain potential residential list and fill vacancies in a non-discriminatory manner.
- Leasing Administration – Assist in screening applicants. Prepare leases, late notices, and other correspondence as needed. Maintain records of rental occupancy and pricing of comparable communities in the surrounding area.
- Tenant Relations & Retention – Answer phones pleasantly. Maintain courteous communications with residents, applicants, and representatives of other companies. Maintain excellent customer service standards. Respond to resident requests and work with residents to minimize and resolve resident concerns and complaints.
- General Administrative – Prepare and maintain complete prospective and existing resident files. Maintain office files. Assist in marketing of communities. Assist in accounting functions and report preparation as necessary. Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Professional image and demeanor
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to close a sale
- Administrative experience (filing, organization skills, letter writing)
- Ability to work with and understand all ethnic and family backgrounds
- Intermediate level expertise with Excel and Word
- Ability to work any day of the week and be on-call as necessary
- Proper phone etiquette
- Ability to type 55+ wpm preferred
**We are a tobacco free workplace**
Utah Property Management Associates, Llc is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, sex, or age and will not be discriminated against based on disability.